Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Rihanna Receives Online Backlash After Following Chris Brown On Twitter


Story photo: Rihanna Receives Online Backlash After Following Chris Brown On Twitter
Rihanna/Chris BrownComposed by AccessHollywood.com
Access Hollywood


LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Rihanna added ex-boyfriend Chris Brown to the list of people she follows on Twitter on Friday, and shortly thereafter, Brown added Rihanna to his list in return - a move that had the "S&M" singer's fans instantly concerned.

"LOUD era is over... @chrisbrown is in the game again... Welcome back RATED R era ):," Rihanna fan iStan4Rihanna_ Tweeted on Friday.

The 23-year-old Barbados-born beauty had been prohibited from having contact with her R&B star ex until recently, when a judge lifted the restraining order against Brown.

However, Riri was quick to fight back against her fans' online hints that the estranged pair may reunite.

"Its [expletive] twitter, not the alter!" she Tweeted on Saturday. "Calm down."

"Ive wanted @rihanna to tweet me all my life, shes my idol, and she tweetd me somethng bad ):" iStan4Rihanna Tweeted in response.

After a flurry of messages defending the concerned Twitter user, Rihanna was quick to apologize to the disappointed fan, as well as to her legions of followers whom she fondly refers to as her "Navy."

"babygirl I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt or offend u!... Just needed to make it clear to the Navy! I still Stan for u xoxo," she Tweeted, using a portion of the Twitter user's name -- "Stan" -- in place of "stand."

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Rihanna recently revealed that she felt she didn't seek enough help from a therapist after finding herself the victim of domestic violence in 2009 at the hands of then-boyfriend Brown.

"I don't think I saw her enough," she told Rolling Stone magazine's April 14 issue, regarding the therapist she said she visited just one time following the incident. "I was like, 'You can't help me. I have to understand myself first.' A lot of it was talking out my story in my head, pretending it was somebody else. I started to judge it for what it really was, instead of being biased by my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment